CERTIFIED EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE COACHING
WHAT IS EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE?
Solvey and Mayer (1990) have defined EI as “the ability to monitor one’s own and others’ feelings and emotions, to discriminate among them and to use this information to guide one’s thinking and actions.”
Certified Emotional Intelligence Coaching
Jeff Snyder is a Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach, trained by Multi-Health Systems, Inc. to administer, interpret, and coach with their EQi-2.0, the world’s most widely utilized emotional intelligence test.
- You’ve fed your IQ (Cognitive Intelligence) your entire life through education, training, certification and more. This effort is what got you to wherever you are today but your IQ alone is unlikely to get you to where you want to go in the future.
- It is necessary to understand and to improve your EQ or Emotional Quotient / Emotional Intelligence to achieve the next level in personal and professional growth.
- This coaching takes you beyond your IQ and focuses on your EQ (emotional quotient / emotional intelligence) to address what psychologists suggest is responsible for up to 60% of a person’s career success.
- Your IQ by the way is generally responsible for less than 10% of your career success but can climb to just over 20% in certain situations.
- In this coaching, Jeff addresses the other 40–60%+ of what is responsible for your career success. He’ll be your personal Emotional Intelligence Coach.
$1,497.00 plus assessment fees for the EQi-2.0 Emotional Quotient Assessment. Fees for the assessment vary. I'm happy to discuss the different assessment fees.
TESTIMONIALS, TRANSFORMATIONS and RESULTS
What We Measure with the EQi-2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- This assessment and the corresponding coaching will pinpoint areas of behavior that may be keeping you from attaining the next stage in your personal and professional development.
Here are measurable and quantifiable results
- One of Jeff’s “C” suite coaching clients took the first EQi-2.0 assessment in the Winter of 2014. From this assessment, the client chose three skills to work on from the chart above. Six months later, the coaching client took a second EQi-2.0 to see if there was measurable and quantifiable improvement.
- The scores for all three chosen skills increased by 23 points, 21 points, and 35 points after six months of coaching.
- One year later, the client took the EQi-2.0 assessment again. The scores increased again. This time, the two skills that were focused on from a coaching perspective increased by 27 points and 8 points.
- All of this client’s emotional intelligence scores increased and are now similar. The assessment report is balanced the way emotional intelligence scores should be.
- This client moved on to a new “C” suite position.
- The client’s compensation increased.
- The client’s results working with other “C” level peers has dramatically improved and they are fitting in nicely in the board room.
- The relationship with their team has improved.
- The client’s relationships with their spouse and children has also improved.